Hamburg, Germany, 22nd November 2015 | With the new Parallel Worlds expansion, Bigpoint is providing Drakensang Online’s most experienced players with their greatest challenge yet. In these new high-level dungeons, even expert adventurers will be tested to their limits like never before.
The story behind this huge content update sees one of the oldest gods, Mortis, previously banished to the Anderworld, seeking to re-enter the world of Dracania. The powerful arch-mage Ammon managed to thwart his plan, but their conflict nearly destroyed both Dracania and the Anderworld. With the barrier between their realities broken, creatures of the Anderworld are free to roam wild in Dracania, causing chaos and destruction. Ammon desperately summons brave heroes to repair the broken worlds and restore the barrier between them.
Ammon allows the players to enter the magic vortex leading to the Parallel Worlds, offering access to one dungeon realm after another in ever-increasing difficulties to further explore the storyline. The Parallel Worlds are not easily played alone—players who wish to enjoy them to their fullest are encouraged to group together and take full advantage of Drakensang Online’s social features.
While the Parallel Worlds are an existing feature in Drakensang Online, the release of the “Rise of Balor” content expansion and the new level 50 progression allowed the team to revisit the feature, reorganizing the dungeons, offering new quest chains, making graphic and gameplay improvements, and offering exciting new rewards.
What rewards can players expect?
Players will benefit from an increased drop chance compared to that of Dracania, making the Parallel Worlds highly profitable.
- Valuable Materi Fragments which can be exchanged for high-level items
- Unique equipment that combine for high-powered set abilities
- Additional rare and epic chests
- Signature unique items dropped by world bosses
- Increased loot lists with higher-level magic gear, offering a higher range of quality items (enchantments, gem slots, etc.) that scale to the player level
- Higher stack sizes for minor rewards (Andermant, gold, essences, Materi Fragments, etc)
- New Achievements for beating the Parallel World dungeons
For further information, visit the official Drakensang Online website.